Use your results to improve your business.
After you organize and tally the results of your Adobe FormsCentral form or survey, it’s time to make the new information work for you!
Learn how to get the most from your responses by sharing and acting on the results.
Not sure how Adobe FormsCentral manages your results? Learn how easy it is to review and share responses.
Do I have enough responses?
Before you start using or sharing your results, ask yourself this question: "Do I have enough responses to make accurate assumptions about my data?" It's important to make sure you've collected enough responses to have confidence in the information you'll share. Too few responses may skew results.
To set your form's accuracy goals, consider the following:
- Did you reach the target audience you were hoping to find?
- Have you used all the distribution methods available to reach your target market?
- What percentage of responses are you hoping to get back before sharing results? Make this percentage based on the number of forms you distributed versus the number of responses received.
Have enough responses? Read on for ways to use the data you've found.
Before you start using or sharing your results, ask yourself this question: "Do I have enough responses to make accurate assumptions about my data?"
Analyze, share, and act
The purpose of most forms and surveys is to inform, improve, and motivate your business. By asking the right questions, the responses should help you create action items to move your business forward. Once the results are in:
- Analyze: Relate responses to the original objectivesimply put: Was the objective met?
- Share: Make responses accessible to others by publishing responses, adding collaborators, printing, or exporting information. Learn more about sharing responses.
- Act: Make an action plan! Read on for ideas and pointers to get started.
Responses to: Surveys or Feedback
When you send out surveys or requests for product or company feedback, you've created a direct line between you and those who took the time to take your survey. Rather than simply reporting, "how the company did last quarter," use the information to grow as a department or company:
- Immediately respond to negative comments or complaints.
- Use the summary report charts featured in Adobe FormsCentral to highlight positive information and potential for growth.
- Use the results to create an action plan that includes a follow-up email to those who submitted a survey, demonstrating the changes made (or that will be made) based on their initial feedback.
When you send out surveys or requests for product or company feedback, you've created a direct line between you and those who took the time to take your survey.
Responses to: Market research and statistics
When gathering market research or collecting public opinion, the responses can be used in a variety of ways:
- Share information that was expecteddoes this reinforce a theory?
- Share unexpected results and why they might have occurred.
- Use the results to create an action plan that includes a similar survey the following quarter or the following year, to track the trends. Have the changes you made had an impact?
Responses to: Planning an event
Responses to event forms are simple to act upon.
- Immediately respond to comments or questions.
- Organize information by importing data to existing documents.
- Share relevant information with vendors, venues, etc.
- Create an action plan that includes a follow up survey, after the event, to inform future events.
Use the results to create an action plan that includes a similar survey the following quarter or the following year, to track the trends.