Add skip logic to create a superior survey experience and reap better results.
Skip logic is a feature that allows you to build custom paths through your survey or quiz. Respondents get a more tailored and satisfying survey experience, and you get better results.
What is skip logic
The Adobe FormsCentral skip logic* feature allows you to decide where users go next based on their answers to previous questions.
For example, if you ask your respondents if they are male or female, you can then create skip rules based on their answers that direct them to male- or female-specific questions.
Why use skip logic
Skip logic can help streamline your form as it:
- Tailors questions to a respondent's answers, which allows them to complete the survey in less time.
- Directs, or "skips", respondents straight to relevant questions that actually need to be answered.
- Filters out certain respondents. If you only want responses from people who are familiar with your product, your first question should be, "Do you use or have you used our products?" Respondents who answer no, can be automatically redirected to the end of the survey.
- Allows you to reach multiple audiences with one simple form.
How to employ skip logic
Create your questions in advance. You may even want to map out how your skip rules will work before creating the form. You will need to add every question to your form before you set up the skip logic feature. Then follow these steps:
- Within your form, select the text, page, graphic, etc. where you want to insert a skip rule.
- In the Field Properties window, check Show/Hide Item located under Skip Logic Rules.
- You will then be able to add one or more skip logic rules. It's that easy!
Watch our tutorial for more step-by-step instructions on creating skip logic.